These flight centers are not franchisees of Jetlev, LLC and are in no other way affiliated with Jetlev, LLC. Reference to "Certified Flight Center" indicates that Jetlev, LLC has sold product to the business for rental purposes and that the flight center has agreed to abide by certain safety, instructional and operational procedures. Each flight center operates independently and Jetlev LLC is not in any way responsible for the manner in which any of these businesses conduct their operations.
Find a Center
"When I was 14 years old, I watched James Bond fly a jetpack in the movie "Thunderball," and I have dreamed of flying one ever since. However, after decades of patiently waiting, jetpack technology didn't get any closer to mainstreaming personal flight … so, I decided to invent a machine that would." – Raymond Li, Inventor
- With classroom instruction at our Factory Facility and flight instruction at our waterfront campus, Jetlev Academy is the World Headquarters for Jetlev Training and Certification
- Each week, our Academy's faculty of Master Trainers instruct and certify students in flight, remote control, fly, maintenance and repair of their Jetlev units
- The Academy faculty can also provide training and certification at remote locations or on yachts, based on customer need
- Jetlev Academy partners with the global community of insurance professionals to ensure alignment and adoption of certification standards
Certification CoursesCertified Pilot
- In this 1-day course, new students delve into Jetlev ownership, maintenance, and flight
- The course is comprised of classroom, shop, and flight time
- The curriculum focus is to enable the student to become independent as a Jetlev pilot – from transport, flushing and maintenance to basic flight stability and operational skills
- Courses are offered each week. Class size is typically limited to 3 students per course.
Personal Flight Instructor
- In this 1-Day course the student will learn to use the remote control system, enabling the student to fly their friends and families in a non-commercial environment.
Certified Flight Instructor
- This 3-day certification takes Certified Pilots and graduates them to Certified Flight Instructor and is required in order to instruct in a commercial or rental flight-center setting.
- The curriculum of this course is focused on detailed use of the remote control system for flying new and first-time pilots, as well as assistant training and advanced flying techniques
- Academy faculty help students simulate, and then overcome, real-world beginner pilot scenarios
Have you ever dreamed that you were flying? Finally, technology has caught up with fantasy! One part sci-fi, three parts British secret service agent, and 100 percent pure adrenaline rush, your water- propelled jetpack is about to send your spirits -- and yourself -- soaring. Excitement builds as you take to the skies and experience the rush of personal flight. So, strap in, engage the throttle, and up, up, and away you go!
The JETLEV R200 is the ultimate toy for water front homes and weekend water-warriors. Durable, low maintenance and reliable, the R200 is a versatile watercraft for solo pilots looking to get some space, as well as a fun accompaniment to a motorboat and other PWC.
The JETLEV R200 has the same footprint as a standard PWC (Sea-Doo, Jetski, Waverunner, etc.), so the R200 can be towed and stowed without any additional equipment or accessories.
Military/IndustrialThe JETLEV R200's versatility, mobility and range of motion support unique opportunities for the military, private security and the industrial sector.
Military and Private Security
- Harbor/coastline surveillance vehicles
- Allows quick, easy and safe embarkment of vessels
- Underwater capability and low noise profile create unique covert efficacy
- Fire Fighting
- Bridge Inspection & Repair
- Marine Inspection & Repair
- Search & Rescue
YachtsBlaze a trail and add a JETLEV R200 to your yacht-toy collection. Evolve from the expected to the vanguard of soaring heights.
Explore nearby islands and coves, or escape to shore. Share the thrill of controlled flight with friends and family, creating memories of a lifetimeThe JETLEV R200 has the same footprint as a standard PWC (Sea-Doo, Jetski, Waverunner, etc.), so the R200 can be towed and stowed without any additional equipment or accessories, allowing for easy storage on most yachts. The Power Unit can even stack under a PWC in a tender garage or on the :03 Weather Deck.
maintenanceRise above the deluge and separate your yacht charter from the competition by offering the JETLEV R200 as part of your offering. The R200 is quickly becoming the must-have toy for yacht enthusiasts and charter guests in the Med, The Caribbean and beyond, and with a low maintenance regimen similar to other PWCs, your staff can easily keep the unit in peak condition.
- Power Unit fits all standard PWC chocks
- Power Unit fits all standard PWC Davit Lift Kits
- Powder-coated aluminum stand that can be secured to the deck or tender garage
- No custom storage equipment required
Growth PotentialStrong Revenue Platform
- Operators are able to demand far higher average revenue-per-session rates than other concessions
- Secondary up-sell products such as videos, photos, boat ride-alongs and apparel are significant and highly profitable
- Positive residual effect on secondary services (other concessions, food, etc.)
- For hotels and resorts, becomes a key differentiator for customer destination selection
- Flying a JETLEV is addictive. First time pilots quickly become repeat customers as they continue to develop and refine their capabilities
Get in TouchKey Metrics
- JETLEV Flight Academy training provides complete instruction on safety and operational procedures
- Each flight center is assigned both technical and commercial support services
- JETLEV ensures geographic and safety compliance amongst Certified Flight Centers
- In just six months, over 5,000 flight sessions have been sold through social deal sites such as GroupOn, TravelZoo, etc.
- Flight Centers have enjoyed industry-leading splits with such sites
- During peak season, premier operators have sustained 15-18 individual customers per day per machine
- Given the buzz, Certified Flight Centers have become the focus of local and national media, garnering the attention of leading media outlets including: NBC Today Show, Jay Leno, ABC Nightline, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Inside edition, MTV Jersey Shore, People Magazine, and ESPN - to name but a few
Strong Revenue Platform
- Operators offer 20, 30 minute or one hour introductory flights
- Goal is to maximize volume of flyers and capacity utilization of the units
- This model can take place off of a dock, the beach, or off a boat
- Typically targeted to a couple or group-based model
- Trips are for a longer duration (2-6 hours)
- Given the location, groups can be taken on tours of local points of interests (i.e. caves, islands, coves, etc.)
- Services often include meals and perhaps other amenities
Parties, Events & Demonstrations
- Typically off-site, customized events
- Charges based on time and not necessarily number of consumers
- Significant focus on company retreats and off-sites
- On-shore operators transport an entire JETLEV flight center to a charter yacht to offer a full menu of JETLEV-related activities
- These bookings last for a minimum of day and often are extended beyond
- This model is more regional-based as JETLEV-charters are deployed to meet the yacht at its location
- Shadow-boat services afford unique Jetlev flight experiences to yacht and charter guests
- Targeted to local, repeat clientele
- Members can buy-in, similar to a country club, and are granted an allotment of flight time
- The club covers maintenance, insurance, upkeep, etc.
- Given the nature of repeat and advanced pilots, instructor demands and oversight are greatly reduced
Breakthrough beyond traditional marketing. Be a maverick and engage your consumers with the awesome spectacle of a JETLEV R200 Demonstration.
With over 10 million YouTube views, the sight of JETLEV is the "stop in your tracks" marketing program is built to garner attention long after your event has wrapped. Simply put, JETLEV is STICKY, SOCIAL, & VIRAL.
Whether you are launching a new product, promoting an event or just stoking the crowd, the JETLEV Power Unit can be custom wrapped to meet any logo and branding requirement. Teardrop flags can be added to the Power Unit and tail banners can be affixed to the Jetpack for added effect. Your options are limited only by your imagination… your marketing potential, however, is limitless.
The patented Jetlev R200 is the ultimate tourist and destination attraction. Multiple business models can be tailored to fit dynamic geographies and segments. With broad availability of competitive insurance coverage, the Jetlev R200 represents an unparalleled, growth-oriented, business opportunity.
Safety & Patents
Pilot safety is our top priority. With more than eight years of research and development, and over 10,000+ hours of flight-testing and refinement, the JETLEV R200 is a dependable, adventure-ready recreational flight vehicle. In 2010, the JETLEV R200 was awarded a Recognized Exemption by the United States Coast Guard, which means that the JETLEV R200 has been cleared to fly throughout US waters in accordance with local motorized watercraft restrictions. Similar authorizations have been granted by Marine Certification Authorities throughout the world. Moreover, a large community of insurance companies formally underwrite JETLEV activities throughout the world.
- JETLEV's proprietary propulsion technology is protected by a compendium of intellectual patents throughout the world. Global Patents include, but are not limited to:
- United States
- U.S. Pat. No. 7,258,301, issued August 21, 2007
- U.S. Pat. No. 7,735,772, issued June 15, 2010
- U.S. Pat. No. 7,900,867, issued March 8, 2011
- Can. Pat. No. 2,560,921, issued October 27, 2009
- Aus. Pat. No. 2005226960, issued May 6, 2010
- Pub. No. EP 1732806, filed August 30, 2006
Jetpacks at Attention
Instructor with Remote
Lift Off Promo
A Lenovo ThinkPad Story
- Engine type255HP Rotax 4-TEC single overhead camshaft
- Number of cylinders3
- Displacement1497 cc
- Intake systemSupercharger with intercooler
- CoolingStainless steel inboard heat exchanger
- IgnitionDigital inductive
- Battery12 V, 30 Ah
- Spark plugNGK DCPR8E, 0.75 mm
- Pump typeDirect drive axial flow
- ImpellerStainless steel 4-blade
- Boat length127 in.
- Beam48 in.
- Height27 in.
- Weight (dry)695 lbs.
- Fuel capacity83 L (22 US gallons)
- Jetpack Dimensions & Weight
- Jetpack height38.25 in.
- Jetpack width35 in.
- Depth (with seat)24.25 in.
- Jetpack weight36 lbs.
- Hose dimensions33 ft. x 4 in. diameter
- Maximum thrust560 lbf approx.
- Top speed32 mph (155 lb. pilot, 1/4 fue load)
- Flight ceiling30 ft.
- Cruising duration3 hours approx.
- W.O.T. duration2 hours approx.
- Fuel inside N. America91 Octane or higher, unleaded, 10% ethanol or lower. 89 Octane may be used in an emergency without damaging engine, but is not recommended.
- Fuel outside N. America95 Ron
- Engine oilXP-S summer grade
3 L (2.7 U.S. qt) oil change with filter
4.5 L (4.1 U.S. qt) total
- Cooling systemEthylene-glycol 50%/50% antifreeze and demineralized water, 5.5 L (5 U.S. qt) total
THE NEW 2013 JETLEV R200x IS HERE!
Introducing the new 2013-model year JETLEV R200x, the world's most advanced water-propelled jetpack. The R200x features the same silhouette, power, and flight system as its R200 predecessor, plus significant upgrades.
- Best-in-Class 2013 Rotax Engine Platform
- Enhanced Engine Intake Improved Power and Fuel Economy
- New Impeller Assembly Affords Greater Thrust
- Re-designed Pump Housing
- "Easy Ride" Pilot Seat For Improved Comfort
- Reinforced Hull Design For Increased Durability and Performance
- Full Electronics System Upgrade
The only water flight system authorized for use by the US Coast Guard, by grant of USCG exemption.
And yet, our most compelling upgrade is the price. With a base price of $68,500, it has never been easier to take to the skies. Stop dreaming and start flying with the new JETLEV R200x.
Starting at $68,500. Order one today or learn more.Full specs
FinishesYour Personal Flight System deserves your personal touch. Both the Power Unit and
Jetpack can be customized to meet your unique taste, standard and style.
- The R200x Flight System Includes:
- Carbon Glass Composite Jetpack
- 255hp Power Unit
- Hose/Electrical Control Assembly
- Custom Jetpack Stand
- 1-Day Personal Pilot and Safety Certification Course (PPC)
- Total System Price:
- $68,500 USD
Raymond Li, a Chinese-born Canadian from St. John's Newfoundland, first sketched out his Jetlev concept on a yellow Post-it Note in 2000. After seeing his masterpiece on paper for the first time, Ray unceremoniously retreated, filing it under "I" for Impossible by burying it in the trash.
The sketch was long gone, however, Ray couldn't shake his vision… he couldn't shake his passion.
And 3 years later, Ray began conducting extensive research, concept development and testing on the first ever, water powered jetpack.
With assistance from the National Research Council of Canada in 2004, Jetlev kicked into high gear and Ray conducted a series of unmanned flight tests. In 2005, Jetlev relocated to Dania Beach, FL where Ray's motley crew of daredevil engineers and test pilots cautiously initiated the first in a succession of meticulously planned, manned flight tests. A few close calls… but mostly exhilarating highs. The first fully operational Jetlev prototype was completed in August 2008. A few months later, various clips from these test flights leaked online and went viral, surfacing on a variety of video sharing websites, boasting over 10MM views Worldwide. Seemed that the world was ready for Ray and his crazy contraption.
From 2009 to 2011, development continued and Ray and his team worked to perfect the prototype.
Finally, a model was ready for commercial production.
And after numerous prototype iterations, dozens of test pilots, hundreds of flights, thousands of hours and countless modifications, Jetlev commercially launched the R200 in early 2012.
In early 2013, JETLEV unveiled the R200x, it's most advanced flight system yet. Coupled with a dramatic reduction in price, the sky is now literally the limit.