It is undeniable that diving masks are part and parcel for those who are passionate about diving. The best diving mask will enable you to easily and clearly observe things when you are in the water for your dives. Only when you equip yourself with a good diving mask can you enjoy your dives to the fullest. To make it simpler for you to select the best diving masks, we will explain the qualities that are essential to look for a scuba diving mask and show you a range of the best versions of the entire year.
Scuba diving masks offer you ranges in cost, with a few being reasonably priced. However, it's essential to keep in mind why you want a mask and what attributes to search for to make the right option. Diving mask is quite different from a snorkel mask, thus do not buy just one of them and overlook the importance of the other one.
For more of the scuba equipment recommendations, check out these posts to find out which one is worth being the best diving masks.
best Best Diving Masks 2021 Comparison
Best for Women and children
Best for Instructors and divemasters
Best for Pro Divers
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Diving Masks, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- PANORAMIC MASK / Three window panoramic wide-view mask provides extended field-of-vision. Anti-fog tempered glass lens for durability.
- DRY-TOP SNORKEL / Submersible dry top provides protection from water entry, both above and below the surface. Corrugated flex section for added comfort, and integrated safety whistle.
- SILICONE COMFORT / Silicone mask skirt, strap and mouthpiece provide better fit, added comfort, and increased durability.
- EASY ADJUST / Soft squeeze buckle and quick release keeper allow for quick and easy adjustment both in and out of the water.
- COBALT QUALITY / Cobalt's mission is to get more people to spend more time in the water. 71% of the earth's surface is water…GET IN!
- Wide Anatomical Silicone Rubber Split Style Designed Mask Strap, Double Feathered Edge Silicone Skirt, Strap and Skirt Combined for Excellent Seal on the Face
- Easy-to-Reach One-Hand Nose Pocket for Ear Equalization, 3-Lens Mask Designed, Panoramic View w/o Interruption, Tempered Glass Lenses
- Maximum Light and Feels as Open As-the-Ocean Itself, Ideal for Snorkeling and Scuba Diving, Medium Internal Volume, Quick-Adjust Buckles System
- Take Every Breath with Confidence & Focus On-the-Reef Below, Anti-Splash Top, Special Valve Seals Tube when Submerged, Dry Top Design
- Corrugated Smooth Bore Lower Tube, Excess Water Quickly Drain to Collection Reservoir, Easy Clear Purge Valve, Quick Release Snorkel Keeper
- Mares One Vision Mask with Mask Box
- EZ adjustable buckles positioned on the skirt ensures less drag and make it easy to adjust
- New Ergo Buckles Assembled on Skirt
- Low Internal Volume
- X-shaped silicone strap
- INTEGRATED REGULATOR - 2'nd Stage Regulator is an adjustable design for ease of breathing at all depths; it is equipped with a dive/pre-dive switch for added protection against unwanted free flow and is Nitrox compatible up to 40% Oxygen out-of-the-box.
- ADVANCED DIVE MASK - The Extender comes as standard with a surface air valve fitted so you don't waste gas on the surface; letting you breathe through a valve on the side of the mask you can leave the mask on before and after the dive to save gas.
- DURABILITY AND SCRATCH RESISTANCE - Full face scuba mask has a transparent polycarbonate visor, both sides of which are coated in siloxane resin for improved scratch and chemical resistance.
- EXTENDER EARPHONE SUPPORTS - These are the natural fittings for the earphones (MHA-2) of the GSM G-Power SL communication unit, once complete, this systems let’s you enjoy a double speaker system, with volume control and extra range.
- MOUNT YOUR GOPRO - The extender kit frame around the diving mask has a flat, trapezoid shape, specifically made for sport camera stickers, or to drill holes and fix lights to it.
- 3-window mask made with Tempered Glass, Low Volume Design, Easy to Clear. Ideal for Scuba Diving and Snorkeling.
- Skirt & Strap made in 100% Silicone combined for Perfect Fit and Seal on Face.
- Strap Push-Button Swivel Buckles: make Adjustments Easy and Fast.
- Easy Access One-Handed Nose Pocket for Ear Equalization.
- Spray Painted Effect colored frame that makes the mask elegant and beautiful to see.
- EASY CLEARING — Unique tube & seal system makes equalizing easier.
- PREVENTS EAR ACHE — Eliminates pressure-induced ear pain.
- BETTER HEARING — Enhances sense of sound under water.
- WATERTIGHT CUPS — Keeps water out and prevents Swimmer's Ear.
- COMFORTABLE FIT — Head strap maximizes surface area to eliminate squeezing or pinching.
- 【180°degree extra-large visual field】 Better vision, side vision, other masks can not provide visual experience, better enjoy the underwater world
- 【Safety reinforced anti-fog lens】 The lens is strengthened with polycarbonate to increase the anti-fog treatment, which has a good impact resistance, anti-fall performance is higher than toughened glass, UV resistance, can better protect the eyes
- 【No leakage】 The skirt side of the mask adopts soft food-grade liquid silicone and double-layer waterproof design, which can prevent leakage and not compress the face
- 【Easy to adjust】 adjustment buckle easy to adjust with one hand. With elastic silicone belt, more comfortable to wear
- 100% satisfaction policy, each meets strict QC standards before shipment. If there is any problem with this diving mask, please contact our AQUA DIVE after-sales service team, we will reply you as soon as possible, and we can provide free replacement, or even a full refund if you are not satisfied.
- Incredibly wide field of view
- 180 degrees Rotational Buckle System
- Large frame with minimal internal volume
- Five-position strap angle adjuster for micro-adjustment
- Round-edge skirt
- Natural Breathing - With the Innovative nose breathing system the AKASO snorkel mask provides an effortless breathing experience. Non-mouthpiece, its wide and short tube lets in sufficient oxygen for you to breathe in comfort while letting CO2 out.
- No-Leak Comfort - The snorkel mask only touches the middle of your face so it can easily fit most face shapes. Its anti-leak high sealing liquid silicone skirt and adjustable silicone straps keep water out and your face dry.
- Clear Wide View – The AKASO snorkeling mask has an oversized frameless design for a panoramic view. HD lenses and separate breath chambers offer a crystal clear view underwater minus the fog and blur.
- Versatile – This snorkel mask has all the features of a full-face snorkel mask and it also works as a scuba mask. Simply remove the breathing tube and seal it with the plug. It is great for first-timers, adults, children, and even non-swimmers.
- Dry Top System- The AKASO adult snorkel mask comes with a floating ball to keep water out when underwater. Its angled side allows optimal facedown positioning without the tube dipping into the water as the head swivels. The valve keeps water out even when a wave hits.
- The Eyes Evolution mask is one of the adult high-end masks in the market suitable for scuba diving, snorkeling, and freediving. Features inclined and inverted tear-drop lenses for improved downward visibility, a Cressi's patented design (US 6272693).
- The field of view is particularly wide, laterally and in the lower zone. The lenses are made of tempered glass.
- The easy-to-use Integrated Buckles (Cressi patented technology) are integrated with the frame with a swivel system for quickly strap length adjustment.
- Made in Crystal Silicone, Cressi's trademark formula for avoiding yellowing after years.
- The mask is designed and made in Italy by Cressi, a brand pioneer in Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, and Swimming equipment since 1946.
Top 17 Best Diving Masks 2021 reviews
The Mares X-VU Sunrise was designed for Asians but is now preferred due to its outstanding features. The skirt of this mask is big enough to match the broadest of faces. It is so flexible and soft that you'll never have marks remaining on your face after completing your dives. Besides, it has a distinctive nose pocket that is ribbed to decrease strain and touch around the bridge. The X-VU Sunrise utilizes oversized and inverted teardrop lenses, which improve lookdown eyesight and are simple to swap for prescription lenses. Additionally, this is among the available models on the current market, so it is excellent for certified divers and budget sellers.
The Cressi F1 is a divers’ cup of tea all over the world. Its frameless design tight-fitting the face will provide you with a clear vision. Because there is hardly room for water, the mask is much simpler to clean. And as there's no framework, the Cressi F1 is flexible and can be easily stored. With this design manner, the mask becomes gleaming and streamlined all the time.
Frameless masks work well at depth since there is less mass for greater water pressure to press. The Cressi F1 may be the best diving mask for you if you are an advanced diver.
Things we did not like
- Some divers are not satisfied with the leakage.
- Straps need to be a bit longer.
This mask is lightweight, cheap, and comes with a simple design which works well in tough situations. Additionally, it fits every face. Coldwater divers will prefer an oversized nose pocket, broad and curved skirt to get an airtight seal, and tight buckles that are simple to operate while wearing thick gloves. The Liberator Plus can be used with prescription lenses and stick-on magnifiers and comes in an assortment of appealing colors. Best of all, this fashionable and nicely rounded basic version will create a fantastic backup mask when you upgrade.
Women diving frequently will encounter mask flooding and water leaking across the cheeks and temples. The Aqua Lung Faviola comes with a female-specific design to handle this matter. A thin framework, brief, and elastic mask skirt, and broad easy-adjust strap help shape and maintain a good seal submerged. This version Features lots of lookdown eyesight due to the inverted teardrop-shaped Windows, and it's also harmonious with the prescription lens. Not only is this mask a superb diving mask for women, but it is also the best diving mask for children considering its size.
If you do not mind spending a bit extra on your mask, then the more Hollis M1 is worth your investment. This is one of the smallest quantity single-window masks available in the market; therefore, it supplies a large field of vision and is also simple to clean. Its brief elastic skirt suits virtually every face shape comfortably and seals nicely over facial hair follicles. A frameless design makes it effortless to fold flat, so it is ideal for dive travels. The M1 includes oversized buckles, which makes it perfect for use in cold climates.
Our selection of these masks offers an increase in peripheral vision to divers. The lenses work together with the mask to get an uninterrupted view. The mask comes with a black or clear skirt and is offered in a selection of colors. If you are an underwater photographer, you might think about buying a skirt to help you get rid of the light.
The Cressi Panoramic comes complete with a snorkel to stop the water. This is just another fantastic budget alternative for entry to pro divers.
Things we did not like
- Some customers complain that the ridge in the front digs to the bridge of their nose.
- Clients complain after handling the mask of fogging.
If you are looking for a stylish and trendy diving mask, then XS Scuba Eagleye is not right for you because it emphasizes highly on functions. However, the fact that its appearance is not eye-catching does not matter its nice Features. Remarkably, a purge valve is added to the design of this mask so that you can clean water from indoors by exhaling instead of doing a conventional mask clean. The Eagleye comes standard with a lens coating that is reflective anti-glare. This protective film lets lots of light inside, so your vision when you are under the water won't be affected, and UV rays are also blocked. It's a top choice and yes, the best diving mask among coaches and divemasters.
Do you like apnea and SCUBA? The Cressi Nano is one of the models that go well with both of them and help you have exciting dives underwater. Although its black design is quite plain, this mask is divinely versatile and easy for divers to use. A double-breasted skirt fits most face shapes, even the smallest one, while still keeping a low air quantity, which will bring divers a great sense of comfort and enable them to clean it effortlessly. The Cressi Nano provides lookdown eyesight that is exceptional, totally compatible with prescription lenses. Using small and neat hardware, the mask is quite difficult for divers with hands or thick glasses to fix underwater.
The Dive Rite ES155 is a beautiful alternative if you like a frameless scuba mask. Employed by many sailors of varying ability levels, this mask supplies a vast vision field thanks to the big, ultra-clear single lens (made from tempered glass to increase the durability) and frameless design. Additionally, it provides comfort and a tight, leak-free match due to a silicone divide strap with buckles border silicone skirt and the silicone body. You also get a comfortable nose pocket using a reduced volume, making it easy and fast to clean water. Besides its cost, sleek design, and high-quality construct, it's also designed to fit all shapes--which makes it become one of the best diving masks for divers.
This fashionable and lightweight mask is a reasonable option for both novice and experienced divers who do not want to invest too much on diving masks but still expect to possess high-quality ones. Having low-volume design, this mask can be simply cleaned. Moreover, it features a staggeringly wide field of vision.
The Oceanic Mako becomes perfect and more comfortable with a neoprene mask strap.
The skirt is made of high-grade silicone and can mould to your face, providing you with secure protection during your dives.
Things we did not like
- Some users complain that their forehead is pressed by the lenses that are close to the face.
Kraken Aquatics is a newcomer in diving equipment which launches items with high quality into the market. Their window mask is designed in a simple and basic way that works absolutely well. There's a thick skirt that will seal on almost all face shapes. The strap which can be adjusted easily stays at the backhead.
The Kraken Aquatics mask not only satisfies all your requirements about the quality that can be seen in luxurious diving masks, but it is also genuinely pocket-friendly.
Things we did not like
- Quite bulky.
- If not appropriately cared for, a silicone strap can snap because of its thinness.
If you're seeking the most comfortable mask, then the Scubapro Solo is definitely the best diving mask for you! With the design of a double-sealed silicone skirt, it can mold almost all face shapes and prevent water from leaking in.
The feature of frameless lenses and tempered glass enables divers to see clearly underwater. The lens sits close to your face and can be easily cleared. What else? It can incredibly pinch your nose to clear, which becomes one of its strengths when compared to other products.
The Solo is in black, which has a clear skirt with bright colors. This is a fantastic selection for novices.
This isn't simply a mask for utilizing your GoPro; it’s a fantastic mask that can do you wonders. It includes a soft silicone skirt for comfort and maintaining a fantastic seal.
The Octomask has a very low volume design, which makes it much easier to equalize and sit closer to your eyes so that you can see things better underwater. The pane and frameless design provide you with a broader field of vision.
The Octomask includes a strap and a lens for security. The mount goes well with the GoPro, facilitated with a setscrew and travel bag.
If you are not familiar with this high-end equipment then you can choose the pane mask, it still works as well as this one despite its simpler design and fewer details
Oceanic has been producing quality scuba diving gears, and they're especially known for their top-notch masks.
The Oceanic Shadow is a frameless mask with low volume and entirely flat-folding. This makes it ideal for taking one with you as a spare, easily fitting in your BC pocket. The frameless volume design makes it possible for you to observe and enjoy the scenes underwater up to the hilt!
Like many other diving masks, it is designed to fit the faces of divers as much as possible but still can work effectively to hinder water from leaking in.
To make it better, they add into its design a comfortable strap and buckle which can be adjusted to different parties so that you can feel a sense of comfort no matter where you dive.
One more thing, the Oceanic Shadow is probably the most cost-effective dive mask in our list, maybe you should take it into consideration. Such an impressive diving mask for your summer days
Aquatic Subframe ARC Scuba MaskThe Atomic Subframe ARC is a high-quality and powerful mask that is made from anti-breakage material! What strikes us the most is its durability and rignity is improved much more than most products in the market since the lenses are locked firmly.
The Subframe ARC mask includes a silicone skirt to be suitable with any faces without leaving annoying marks on divers’ faces.
The most notable quality of the mask would be the "ARC'' technology. Coated by metal oxidized both inside and outside, the mask has the ability to prevent sunlight from going straight into wearers’ eyes, which makes it easier for them to dive under water when there is strong sun.
Aquatics has showcased on review sites, and consumers talk highly of their products. It is no surprise that their Venom Mask is thought to be among the best scuba equipment items out there!
Where the Venom mask and its predecessors do differ is in the lens structure. The Subframe and Frameless designs boast Ultra Clear glass technologies, which we have also seen in a few of the masks. Ultra Clear is actually named; however, the Atomic has managed to really go the extra mile. Schott Super white Glass is of higher quality. These allow for much better light penetration, without raising warmth and reflection (provided you select for a darker tone).
Much like additional mask designs, the lenses are brought closer to users by the Venom. The area of vision is broadened and enhanced further. Additionally, it allows for the integration of a nose for ear pressure equalization.
Atomic has retained the reliable and tried heritage of this border silicone rubber skirt. The Venom sports a strap, and also, the mix allows for a much better seal. Buckles are soft-mounted on the skirt, making for flexibility and simple adjustments.
One of the best scuba equipment options in our prestigious listing, the Aquatics Venom Mask, is guaranteed to delight its owners. While it lacks a legitimate equal to the tech of this Mares i3 or the ScubaPro Synergy two Trufit Twin Mirrored Lens Mask Trufit comfort design, the SubFrame /Frameless integration will provide a superior match. Due to this import Schott SuperWhite Glass lens, the Venom does boast the best reliability specs. The lifetime guarantee on restricted guarantee on the silicone and strap skin and the frame are quite inviting to buyers.
The only drawback is that the lenses tend to fog frequently and simply even when proper cleaning methods have been applied. This is partially due to the close proximity to the eyes. However, the fogging will get better gradually with consistent and proper cleaning.
Things we liked
- Hybrid SubFrame / optimally design for comfort
- Perfect seal
- Broad field of view
- Wide-split strap design
- Easy-squeeze buckles
- Quality Schott Super white glass lens offers the highest visibility scope in the market
- One-handed ear pressure equalization nose
- Mask box
- Restricted lifetime/1-year guarantee
Things we did not like
- Might not fit specific sizes/shapes
- Lenses fog readily, despite proper cleanup (gets better over time)
With all these remarkable benefits, it definitely deserves to be considered as one of the best diving masks in the market.
Mares has utilized two kinds of silicone inside the strap and skirt production. A firm silicone maintains this mask’s structure. The milder silicone has lots of molds and elasticity. At depth, pressure spreads around the strap, and the mask will remove red marks.
Things we did not like
- The strap is thin.
Which is the best diving mask for me?
In case you've got the choice before buying, you can borrow one from friends or attempt rental possibilities, and it is the best approach to check if a mask is right for you or not. But, we do not always have the luxury of a"moist" test for brand new equipment. Fortunately, by looking through a few simple steps, testing mask quality is no longer a pain, and a great fit is usually leak-free and comfortable underwater.
- Step 1:
Transfer the strap without inhaling through the nose and then keep the skirt against the face. Gently determine if the skirt stays flat resting on your own face and tilt your head back. The mask must sit with no gaps.
Check the skirt whether it is too wide in the temples (it should not sit too far to the hairline) or not, which it is comfortable under the nose and also on the top lip (a frequent place for escapes ), and which the framework is not pressing against the brow bone). Make sure that the nose pocket is a size for you; if it is too big, you may struggle with equalization, but you will feel unrelaxed if too small.
- Step 2:
Return your head upright, by inhaling through the mask and examine the match. If you can feel the air rushing in through any tiny openings, or even the mask falls off, water will leak during your dives because the masks do not fit you nicely.
- Step 3:
Eventually, try on the mask using the strap if you have deemed it to be a fantastic match in steps two and one. Keep in mind that straps should not be tight; the mask will be sealed by submerged pressure, and tight straps may cause leaks. Re-check precisely the things from step one, focusing on the relaxation on the nose and the brow bone. Remember to look at the skirt’s relaxation onto the lip; you may even try the mask using a mouthpiece in.
You can search for further information here. Don’t miss this because it will benefit you a lot.
Final Thoughts Of The Best Driving Masks
So, we have presented our list of best scuba diving masks for novices with detailed reviews, advantages, and disadvantages, and suggestions to make your decision on what kind to buy easier. If you are a newcomer taking up a new interest in diving, you can depend on the information provided above to determine which designs and features fit you the best. Even if you are experienced divers, then we still hope you have learned something new and interesting from our review.
Here are our five best products:
Best for Women and children
Best for Instructors and divemasters
Best for Pro Divers
Best for Novices
Best for Budget
Last but not least, the most crucial criteria when purchasing a diving mask is comfort, so try to pick the ones that can be used over and over again and bring you a sense of relaxation when enjoying your dives underwater. I hope you will enjoy your dives without being annoyed by any diving masks!