Looking for the best rod holder for pontoon boats that can give you the best experience when going fishing? This 2021 review is totally for you as we are gonna offer you the 17 best rod holders for pontoon boats that can meet all of your requirements.
Rod holders are significant items when going fishing due to their benefit and convenience. At the present time, many people are in need of buying rod holders. Knowing the current needs, we have found the 17 best rod holders for pontoon boats that can give you the best result.
If you are a buyer who is looking for the best rod holders for pontoon boats, do not miss this review and all the rod holders below. We believe that they are the purchases that you will not regret.
Best Rod Holders For Pontoon Boats Comparison 2021
Best Product For High Quality
Best Product For Powerful
Best Product For Flexible and Convenient
Best Product For Rubber Safety Trap
Best Product For Stable
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Rod Holders For Pontoon Boats, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Top 17 Best Rod Holders For Pontoon Boats: Comparison and Reviews [Year]
- Experience 360º of rotation at the push of a button with this 10" holder.
- Features six up and down locking positions, a pistol grip release for quick, one-handed angle changes and a ratcheting adjustment system that allows you to quickly position the holder vertically.
- Includes a UV-resistant end cap to protect rod and reel.
- You think we stopped at the world’s most dependable and innovative downriggers? Check out Cannon’s versatile rod holders and rock-solid bases. Once you’ve got the right rod holders and other accessories, mount it all up on Cannon’s proven track system.
- Fishing is our passion, and it runs deep. At Cannon, our love of fishing is only matched by our passion for building unstoppable downriggers, rod holders, mounting system and all the gear you need to put more fish on deck
The flexible rod holder is high quality with double direction. This is a 10-inch deep rocket launcher type holder. Activating the rate down will move the foundation horizontally 360 °. There are 6 vertical spots, reduced by the grip trigger and pushed onto the support.
The holder of the rod may be fitted with four screws or bolts. The assembly tracks to carry the rod holder can be mounted. An installed loading unit may also be held in the track. Web measurements are six, twelve, 18, 24, and 36. Thumb tabs protect the holder of the rod along the track. The accompanying video shows the track system rod holder.
- Fits into a boat's flush mount rod holder
- Eliminates drilling holes and permanent mounting of downrigger brackets on boat
- Made from welded stainless steel and modified Nylon for the ultimate in strength and durability
- For use with metal flush mount rod holders
This is a device that can be placed on an existing rod holder in the boat. It is 9 cm long with a tube of 1 to 1/2 cm. With a 1-3/4 tube, the Scotty 1029 measures 12 centimeters. It's sometimes when a boat doesn't want to take up a dropdown. This is a smart way to apply a discharge to the boat easily.
Built of welded stainless steel and nylon modified for ultimate reliability and strength. It is called a rotary install, since the bottom of the holder is held safe in the rod holders. The downrigger plate is laid flat and does not spin. It is manufactured to work with a 30° rod holder, not a 15° or 0° holder. Much of the rod holders are 30 degrees in the side of the port.
- Striker Rod Holder with No. 241 combination deck or side mount
- Designed for big game fish. Stainless steel reinforced post, larger opening with easy lock/unlock ring
- The inner support rotates with the rod to instantly remove and strike simultaneously
This rod holder is fantastic for big bobbles. The conventional rod holders are excellent for medium size bobbins, but no assistance for big bobbins and high efficiency.
This holder fits with all the accompanying mounts. Being well ahead of the forward assistance provides more rod assistance. The roll is guided to the floor, which gives easy access to the handle of the rollers. Rocket launcher holders drive the bobbin higher, making it more difficult to attach and trigger torque at the foundation of the bobbin holder.
The holder is outstanding even for carrying rods with round butts instead of gimbal butts. In certain instances, a custom rod holder may be used to attach the helicopter and to work with big fish to create a custom rod holder. This is a nice quality rod keeper. The rear end often rotates, making putting and extracting the rod fast and convenient.
- Fly Rod Holder with No. 241 combination deck or side mounting bracket
- Innovative compact design allows hands free trolling with a fly rod
- Fully adjustable and includes a safety strap. No. 411 Locking Post included.
This rod holder is made especially for rods and rollers for fly fishing . The rubber safety strap is available to make sure that the rod is not separated from the holder.
Rock rod holders don't fit well with fly rods because fly rods have a small rod base after the cartridge. This also makes it impossible to use fly rods for most cage type rod holders. Fly rods are admitted in most cases. The putting of the rod in a holder may be very helpful when trolling or setting up the rod to guide the port.
- Most popular value priced, positive locking, open style rod holder; Power Lock Interior Diameter: 1.95″; Mount Dimensions: 4″ x 2″ x 2″; Bolting Dimension: 1 5/16″ x 3 3/16″
- Universal cradle holds almost any rod and reel setup and has a front locking ring to prevent rod loss when travelling
- Includes 241 Combination Side/Deck Mount and can be mounted on top or side of gunnel
- Designed as a multi-functional rod holder for a wide range of large/medium or small fish species and virtually any watercraft
- Fully adjustable up and down and with 360 degrees of horizontal rotation
This is a famous common rod keeper. This is a high deck mount and can be mounted horizontally. As attached on the side is locked, the holder is perpendicular to the regular hole in the second grooved hole. Screws, bolts or back plates are not used for installation.
This bracket and holder is made of fiber-reinforced nylon. In order to determine the horizontal location the holder is protected in grounds. A side pin will tighten the holder in the vertical position such that the rod point is backward, smooth or upward.
This configuration of the rod holder cage retains most traditional fishing rolls. The front mounting band is used to protect the rod. In this sort of keeper, I don't operate easily and don't use the front door. The rods will remain stable without lock while trolling into the keeper. Just one more move is the forward key and without it the holder is easier to use.
- Crafted out of corrosion resistant, high impact plastic
- Allows for 360-degree adjustment
- Can adjust rod angle
- Compatible with rods up to 1.375-inches
You might consider this one if you have a square rod on your pontoon boat and a fishing rod below 1,375 inches or so. This model also lets you quickly change the corner of the rod with a good locking clamp that is easier to tighten and loosen than certain other models. In addition, the rod will rotate about 360 degrees to keep the rod holder from conveniently thinking about an award-winning fishing.
It should be recalled that, while the product is made of material that is corrosion resistant, it is made mostly from plastic products in the rod holder and in the mounting device. Plastics are, of course, much simpler than other material forms for a fish to crack, but they are cheaper. This should not be too much of a concern if you are on a smaller budget and do not mind closely watching the pontoon roll holder.
- holds a baitcaster reel in a cushioned cradle
- pistol grip rod butts easily clear the sides of the rod holder for quick rod retrieval
- rod can be secured in the holder with a soft latching strap which snaps over the top
- the package weight of the product is 3 pounds
- Sport type: Fishing
This holder clearly overcomes all expectations with the price factor taken into consideration. This device with two sections is stable and well-built. The roll is really good to keep in a padded cage. The rail mount matches tightly on every pontoon's rails without spraying, and the rail mount is firmly fixed on the holder itself.
The holder comes with a soft strap, which is used to protect the rod. The harness is easy to fold on and would not make it tough for you. You should use the roll holder to store your poles so it is not used to take up the deck for an excuse. This rod holder weights below one pound and is suitable for any rotary belt and baitcaster.
This is one of the best choices on the market for the pontoon boat rod keeper, made with eco-friendly, no-corrosive strong-duty ABS. The mount can also rotate about 360 °, which offers a lot of room and working sides.
It can be shipped in one or two packets. You are sure to save an amount of cash when you buy two mounts, and it's advisable if you intend to take away two fishing poles. It is also known as the standard match for fishing poles, as it can be up to 4.75 inches long in fishing pole diameters.
Bear in mind, though, that this product works only when the railings on your boat are square. However, anyone who needs one of the longest-lasting boat pontoon rod holders would prefer this commodity to one made of plastic.
- SIMPLE OPERATION: Fishing Rods Holder can adjust rod angle. Large clamp opening can clip anywhere you want. (Max.opening 4.5cm universal mount). Great for a railing, a boat, a yacht or a kayak, etc.
- HIGH QUALITY AND ANTI-CORROSION: Base is constructed with high strength aluminium alloy. Pole bracket is constructed with impact resistant ABS. It is strong and anti-corrosion.
- VERSATILE TWIST AND LOCK: The clip can be locked, in order to keep the fishing rods safe and steady. Makes fishing much easier and enjoyably.
- 360° ADJUSTABLE: Allows for 360 degree adjustment vertically and horizontally, very easy to set up.
- BETTER THAN TRADITION: The fishing rod holder relieves the tedious task of holding the rod when fish are slow to bite.
You can do this as your best choice if you wish the most economical rod keeping holder which has a decent mix between longevity and features.
This comes with a 360-degree adjustable angle set, which fits vertically as well as horizontally as any of the best rod holders for pontoon vessels. This will help you maintain a precise angle to the rod without fearing that the boundaries of the pontoon rod holder are undermined.
This rod holder is also made of ABS steel, which is much stronger than plastic rod holder. It's also a universal fit that suits rods with a diameter of up to 4.75 inches. But you need squares or this product does not suit correctly and will fall out quickly, like most pontoon rod holder alternatives.
Notwithstanding, this is a hands down one of the most effective rod holders for pontoon boats because it has a fair price, excellent longevity and 360 degrees of angle change.
- Corrosion resistant anodised and polished silver aluminum tube with super tough reinforced engineering grade nylon fittings and 304 stainless steel screws
- 360° rotation and with fully adjustable rod angle
- Turns through 12 rest position
This is a rod holder in the style of a missile launcher. The nylon cover is attached to the center of the vent. The attachment may be placed on the deck or on the side. The brand also mounts the rod holder which fits on round and square rails.
Included is the hardware for mounting in inox steel. Both freshwater and saltwater, the rod holder may be used. Since using saltwater, the holder can be rinsed with freshwater. The base has grooves to position the holder with a rotation of 360 degrees. The side button locks down, flat and up the vertical position in twelve directions. In the foundation there is a locking pin to operate with rod supports.
- Mirror polished stainless steel construction.
- 24" nylon rod safety strap & 316L Stainless quick release reel clip
- Vinyl liner has 1-5/8" ID.
- Rod holder tube has a 20° up angle from the water. 14" tall & 1-1/2" OD gunnel rod holder mount tube
- Increases trolling spread. Strong, stylish and functional.
The holders are 14" high and safe in a rod holder's gimbal lock. They are made of inox steel with an exterior diameter of 1-1/2 inch. The rod holder must be 1-1/2 inches or larger in diameter. A vinyl liner is available to shield the rod from steel edges being destroyed. The rod is offset from the water surface by a 20-degree angle.
Many incorporated rod holders point the rod to a boat's stern. They point the rods to the sides of the boat to get the lures out from the boat's wake. True outriggers or planer boards are the equivalents to rod holder outriggers. There are no pulls as far as most approaches are concerned.
Yet they can be used fast and effectively. The line is not put in a clip as is done for outriggers and planners. Another significant benefit. If a line releases from a film, it slows down. There is no slack for rod supports and four lines are the best way to troll.
- HOLDS UP TO 4 RODS: The Spyderlok is designed to hold up to 4 rods with the exclusive height adjustable crossbar which measures 12-inches to 20-inches. The crossbar and each rod holder rotate 360-degrees.
- FLUSH MOUNTING PLATE: The mounting plate lays flush to the vessels carpet which helps to eliminate those stubbed toes. Two easy to use knobs make removal quick and simple without the need for any tools.
- SPYDERLOK TECHNOLOGY: Our patented Spyderlok technology insures tight secure locking angles and Sure lock adjustments with SpyderLok teeth offering smooth and easy pole angle adjustment.
- VERSATILE: The R100 Spyderlok is great for salt or freshwater fishing, pushing or pulling crank baits, long lining, and it’s easy for fast or slow trolling. Anglers everywhere love our spyder rigging design.
- SPECIFICATIONS: The all-aluminum anodized construction offers a rugged design built to handle what you throw at it. Weight: 9-pounds. Dimensions: 24-inches x 13-inches x 3 inches. Comes with a 1-year warranty.
The rod holder is built for lousy spider fishing. There are four-rod holders on the fixture. It has a 12 to 20" crossbar in the height to allow the rods to reach. The crossbar and keeper of the rod are both able to swing 360°. It weighs 9 pounds and has 24" by 13" by 3" measurements.
The plate secures the floor of the boat flush. The holder is typically used for bass boats or aluminum boats with a mounting deck. The spinning is achieved by the drift of lines set at different depths or slowly by trolling. It is one of the safest ways of catching crappy.
- Deluxe Tackle Rack holds for rods
- Space-saving rod rack features integrated slots for two pair of pliers and knife storage
- Mounts directly on your boat, truck or wall
- Molded polypropylene construction, tough and corrosion free
This rod holder is an ideal way of holding a surfboard in the garage or on the boat. They have 2, 3 or 5 different rod holders. The holder consists of a thermoplastic immune to UV.
Equipment used for the polished steel install. Rotating machines are allowed to lock into the holder. The holder operates even for traditional rods, and relying on the rod's length the slots can help restrict the rotation.
The measurements are 11.8 inches by 16 inches for the three pipe rod holders. For the bigger 5-rod holder, the measurement is about 20.9 cm by 11.8 cm and the distance between each holder is about 5 cm.
A pipe or a block of wood may be placed on the wall. The rack is usually twisted to a wall and then attached to the rack such that there is some storage behind the tubing. This offers easier visibility to and elimination of the rods.
- 3 Hole Fishing Rod Rocket Launcher
- Heavy duty welded construction for continuous use
- Height : 25'' Width : 18''
- Ideal for kite fishing
- 5 year warranty
This rod holder devices a roll holder into three roll holders. The two external holders have pins that operate on the missile butts. They are the rocket launcher holders. The connection is installed in a holder of a rod and is fastened into a rod holder with a pin.
The holder is 25 cm high and 18 cm long. It is a common keeper for sailfish and tuna kites. Every holder has a rubber lining, which prevents metal tubes from scratching the rods. This rod holder is solid and has a restricted five-year warranty.
- Optional Degree:Standard 15/30/90 degree angle to vertical
- Flush mount rod holder Includes Rubber Cap, Tube Liner and Gasket
- Material:Polished 304 stainless steel top plate,tubing and Gimbal pins
- Each rod holder requires a 2" installation hole and three #12 screws (Not included)
- Good fishing tool that free your hands, enabling you to troll your lures at a specific depth with over length about 9"(inch) of circular tube construction
The stainless steel rod holders are manufactured. The surface of the holder mounted on a boat is covered by a rubber gasket. These are very necessary and come with 4 rod keepers per set. The holders are installed with 30° or 0° mounting corners in the hull.
They can be set and protected with three 12-switch numbers with a 2-inch installation trough. A rubber cap can prevent rain and sprinkling water from penetrating the vessel's hull. The tubes are about 9-inch tall. The base of the holder is a gimbal pin that secures the road and avoids rolling while trolling.
It is a singular keeper of fishing rod. It has a camouflaged look, as opposed to ordinary rods with a metallic finish. Anodized aluminum and stainless steel are the materials used for its construction, making it ideal even for saline waters. It encourages fishermen to hunt while the pontoon boat remains still and trolls gently.
Thanks to Posi-LOCK, the vertical angle of the holder is set at 25 degrees and 45 degrees. It can spin horizontally by 360 degrees. The rod carrying tube is around 1-3/4 inches in diameter and 7-3/4 inches wide so it's compatible.
This is one of the most famous side-mounted individual rod holders. Its key advantage is that it can be changed horizontally and vertically by 360 degrees and 90 degrees. It has a wide opening that can handle and detach most fishing rods. A sliding ring that is lockable is part of the arrangement to secure the fishing rod in place.
The kit for the rear holder is provided with side mounts. The corrosion-resistant material used in its design guarantees the rod holder's long life. It is sold in single or multiple parts sets.
Basic Factors You Need To Consider To Choose The Best Rod Holders For Pontoon Boats
Before buying the best rod holders for pontoon boats, you have to take into consideration some vital features. It not only depends on the price but also the critical factors you need to know when buying the best rod holders for pontoon boats.
Read the following details carefully before buying the best rod holders for pontoon boats. This is the useful information you need to know before buying the best rod holders for pontoon boats.
Quality and durability
The consistency of your boat rod holder is the key factor deciding how reliable it is. Normally, you will meet pontoon rod holders that say that they are "resistant to corrosion" but then discover that they are made of plastic. Although plastic is a reasonably tough material, your plastic reel holder is more likely than corrosion.
If you want to reach the greatest longevity, consider locating an ABS pontoon rod holder. Normally, the rod holders are less (or not at all) costly than plastic holders and are normally resistant to corrosion.
Fishing Rods and Rails compatibility
Not all rod holders can work with your personal specifications. Be sure it matches the rod's diameter before you buy a rod holder. In most cases it is good to double check rod holders who market themselves as a 'universal suit' standard.
Furthermore, it is important to investigate whether the rod holder fits for your railing or not. Many pontoons have square rails and thus most of the pontoons are for square railings. You might need to look for other alternatives to carry your rod if you do not have square railings.
You probably want it to shift around a little if the rod is placed on the rod holder. This would cause a lot of the power of a fish to be situated in place of the mount on the rod itself. In addition, you can guarantee that any angle you need for your personal needs would not be troublesome if you have a rollover which goes up to 360° vertically and horizontally. Notice that the angle change is not 360 degrees for all pontoon rod holders.
Before you buy one, you have to carefully plan the rod holder. Some of them have an open architecture that enables all fishing rods to handle regardless of scale or thickness. They can be loosened in order to match the rod to make it safe by the adjusting system. They can then tighten again. In your pontoon fishing trips, whether you have or use fishing rods of various sizes, consider an open style rod keeper.
Rod holders with a closed build may not be able to house a thick pole on fishing rods. Thin rods, since they do not support modifications, can not be suited perfectly. You will either need to fit the rod to the rod holder or you will need to pick a style that will comfortably handle the biggest rods. A closed-designed rod holder is ideal for users using only smaller rods.
Another factor in the construction of rod keepers is whether or not they accept the spinning and casting of fishing rods. Some rod holders may be willing, but others may not, to fit both models. Buy a keeper of a rod to support the sort of rod you are using.
Your purchase judgment can also be influenced by the assembling process of rod holders. You use various strategies of installation depending on the style. Certain of them are forever connected. You will have to twist them directly or with mounts on the sidewalls of the pontoon. Permanently fixed rod holders can accommodate heavier rods. The weight of the rods or the catch would not bog down.
There may be clamps on a variety of rod holders that will detach and re-install them in various places. The rails, poles or other pontoons may be fixed. The advantage of removable rod holders is that depending on your specifications, you can change their position. Rod holders using a mechanism that can be removed cannot be as robust as permanent. They can either totally loosen out or come off, particularly if it appeals to a big and heavy fish. Although certain removable rod holders may do the same as permanent rod holders.
Rod racks can have to be tucked in the deck since they must safely carry numerous rods. Any rod supports that can simply be mounted on the deck can be also available.
The price you pay is, of course, the most important thing. Fortunately, it would not be so much expenditure to have a boat pontoon boat holder. Since they typically cost from $20 to $40, many might also presume that they have more than one rod-holder.
It is critical that you remember other factors before you buy the cheapest pontoon boat rod holder. The cheaper, generally, is the better the probability that a cache remains for something.
If you would like to know more about the important factors of the best rod holders for pontoon boats in order to make a good decision, this following video will be helpful for you:
Conclude: Our Answer For The Best Rod Holders For Pontoon Boats
We have picked 5 best rod holders for pontoon boats that have the most special features to help you choose the best rod holders for pontoon boats. The best way to pick the best rod holders for pontoon boats is choosing the one that is suitable with your playing style, and we believe with this list, you can pick the best rod holders for pontoon boats that can give you the best performance.
Below is our top pick of the best rod holders for pontoon boats based on their most special function among the list.
Best Product For High Quality
Best Product For Powerful
Best Product For Flexible and Convenient
Best Product For Rubber Safety Trap
Best Product For Stable
Cannon 1907002 is best for high quality. The flexible rod holder is high quality with double direction. This is a 10-inch deep rocket launcher type holder. Activating the rate down will move the foundation horizontally 360 °. There are 6 vertical spots, reduced by the grip trigger and pushed onto the support.
Scotty #1028 Gimbal Mount is best for powerful. Built of welded stainless steel and nylon modified for ultimate reliability and strength. It is called a rotary install, since the bottom of the holder is held safe in the rod holders.
Scotty #240 Striker Rod Holder is best for flexibility and convenient. In certain instances, a custom rod holder may be used to attach the helicopter and to work with big fish to create a custom rod holder. This is a nice quality rod keeper. The rear end often rotates, making putting and extracting the rod fast and convenient.
Scotty #265 Fly Rod Holder is best for rubber safety strap. This rod holder is made especially for rods and rollers for fly fishing. The rubber safety strap is available to make sure that the rod is not separated from the holder.
Scotty #230 Powerlock Rod Holder is best for stable. This bracket and holder is made of fiber-reinforced nylon. In order to determine the horizontal location the holder is protected in grounds. A side pin will tighten the holder in the vertical position such that the rod point is backward, smooth or upward.